Mad House - London

 

Poster for Mad House with actors Bill Pullman and David Harbour

One of my favourite things about London is the access to quality theatre and top talent. Tonight I chose Mad House, by the award-winning Theresa Rebeck.

Bill Pullman (Independence Day) plays a cantankerous Dad in the last throws of Emphysema who scathes bitingly at his son and carer, David Harbour (Stranger Things), as he struggles to accept his situation or is it that he just has difficulty sharing his feelings? I think it's the latter.

Mad House examines difficult topics with a sense of realism, sprinkled with a little humour easing you through the story as it touches on mental illness, sibling rivalry, greed and assisted dying. David uses the same brutish force as in Stranger Things to portray the frustration as a sensitive empath.

Even though it was close to home having been the carer for my own mother who died from Emphysema, I still enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Stay well and have a great week.
Nina 😊

THE AUTHOR

My Curious Camera is professional portrait photographer, Nina Beilby. That's me. 😃 📷📷

Follow me as I travel through life with my camera by my side, I share snippets and snaps of my daily adventures.

With my camera at my side, I've been able to record moments of jubilation and happiness. When I have had some of my darkest moments, my adventures with my camera have given me purpose and joy. I hope they give you some too.

Nina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A munching Wallaby and Jacky Lizard

Albania - How On Earth Did I End Up Here?

Must Do Sydney Walk - Top Sydney Walk For Harbour Views