Spectacular Albanian Sunset

Beautiful Albanian Sunset
Every city in the world that I have either lived in or visited has a different sunrise or sunset. Colours are most intense as the sun gets closer to the horizon so if you are somewhere close to sea level, then this is where you will see a beautiful, colourful sunrise or sunset.

Beautiful red Sunset over Qeparo, Albania

Why are sunsets colourful?
The colours themselves come from the scattering of particles in the air. Molecules and particles in the atmosphere change the direction of light rays causing them to scatter, affecting the light coming from the sky.

Sunset over Qeparo, Albania with a hill and trees in foreground

The smaller Blue particles are scattered more easily so during the day the light has a shorter distance to travel so we see blue. In the early morning and evening, the light has to travel through much more atmosphere for light to travel through so the blue has a tough time getting through leaving us with the red.
 
Colourful sunset with trees in the foreground


THE AUTHOR

As it does, life took a devastating sideways turn for me. With fierce determination, I quit my teaching job, shut down my photography business, packed up my apartment, hired an agent and rented it out on Airbnb, bought a ticket to London and embarked on an adventure of discovery, both about the world and myself. I’ve learned a great deal about people, places and myself. I’m happy that you are here for the ride. Nina x


Where you can find my work...
I will be documenting my travels through photography on Facebook and Instagram. Prints will also be available on my website. If you are interested in following along, here are some of my sites.

Facebook Group - Finding Nina Adventure
Sharing daily adventures from my travels including discoveries about myself and the people around me 

An in-depth look at places I've visited with plenty of travel information from Ireland, France, UK, Iceland and who knows where next.  

Where you can purchase signed, framed limited edition prints of my work.

My professional work as a portrait photographer



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A munching Wallaby and Jacky Lizard

Changing of The Guard at Buckingham Palace

Bird Walk to Sooth A Restless Spirit