Australian National Botanic Gardens

Grevillea "Peaches and Cream" a hybrid created by Jan Glazebrook and Dennis Cox in Qld.

NATIVE PLANTS

I'm not really a plant person but always open to experiences and learning new things. I recently spent some time wandering around at The Australian National Botanic Gardens in Canberra. I was fascinated by the colour and shapes of the flowers. They are quite distinctive. Thankfully, there was a flier identifying many of the natives along the way so I am able to name some of them. These are some of my favourites.

Anigozanthos Manglesii - Red and Green Kangaroo Paw

Hardenbergia Violacea

Anigozanthos Manglesii - Red and Green Kangaroo Paw

Anigozanthos Flavidus - Red Kangaroo Paw

Angiozanthos Bush Diamond Kangaroo Paw

Pimlea Physodes or Qualup Bell

Angiozanthos Bush Diamond Kangaroo Paw



BEE HOTEL
Unlike honey bees, native solitary bees like to nest in wood burrows. Females will nest alone and stockpile the cells with pollen and honey. How cool is this Bee Hotel?




NATIVE WILDLIFE

We didn't come across the local echidna, snake or lizard but we did experience a wonderful array of birdlife. Again, I'm no expert. These are my observations of the amazing wildlife around me :)

New Holland Honey Eater
Yellow Tail Black Cockatoo

Eastern Rosella

Very noisy Wattle Bird

Galah



THE AUTHOR

My Curious Camera is professional portrait photographer, Nina Beilby. That's me. 😃 📷📷

Follow me as I travel through life with my camera by my side, I share snippets and snaps of my daily adventures.

With my camera at my side, I've been able to record moments of jubilation and happiness. When I have had some of my darkest moments, my adventures with my camera have given me purpose and joy. I hope they give you some too.

Nina x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A munching Wallaby and Jacky Lizard

Albania - How On Earth Did I End Up Here?

Changing of The Guard at Buckingham Palace