Four Fairy Wrens, a Spinebill and more..

 Every day, I walk in Lane Cove National Park and each of these days brings something new. Come with me on my daily adventures. Its amazing what we will see.

It has been raining quite a bit lately. You know, warm summer rain that brings that sticky humidity. The bush feels more like a rain forest than dessert at the moment. Probably something to with La Niña.

Anyhow, the good thing about that is that most Australians tend to stay inside the minute there is a drop of rain so I had the bush to myself today. Always a good thing when you are tracking birds. 

The Lorikeets are really enjoying the summer Banksia blooms at the moment. Trouble is, they are very noisy as they go about their business so you have to really listen and tune in to other birds.


The Fairy Wrens love to play. They are delightful to watch and never fail to make me smile.

I'm not certain of the species so if you know, feel free to drop me a line. If I find out, I'll update this post so stay tuned.






The Eastern Spinebill is much less playful and often quiet so it was a bit of a miracle that I spotted this guy at all. 

I sensed some movement in my peripheral vision. Stopped and looked for a good while then spotted this guy watching me. He never made a sound.




Chomping away on a bug, this Water Dragon was too perturbed by my presence. 





THE AUTHOR

My Curious Camera is professional portrait photographer, Nina Beilby. That's me. 😃 📷📷

Follow me as I travel through life with my camera by my side, I share snippets and snaps of my daily adventures.

With my camera at my side, I've been able to record moments of jubilation and happiness. When I have had some of my darkest moments, my adventures with my camera have given me purpose and joy. I hope they give you some too.

Nina x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A munching Wallaby and Jacky Lizard

Albania - How On Earth Did I End Up Here?

Must Do Sydney Walk - Top Sydney Walk For Harbour Views