My First Female Satin Bowerbird

 

female satin bowerbird looking to the right

I turned the corner and walked right into a tree full of Satin Bowerbirds. This one is female. The male was there as well but I'm not certain if the others were the chicks or other females because I didn't get a chance to get a good look and I don't know enough about Bowerbird behaviour to know but I'm guessing they were chicks.


Female Satin Bowerbird looking ahead

Female Satin Bowerbird looking down


They were unsettled by my presence so I snuck away but would have loved to have stayed and observed them. They breed until January so I have a bit of time.

Stay tuned for my post on the male and his bower. 😀

Stay well. 

Nina

_________________________________________________________________________

Official Name: Satin Bowerbird - Ptilonorhynchus violaceus, Ptilonorhynchidae

Location: Coastal band of Eastern Australia

Habitat: Dense vegetation near the ground and close to waterways

Conservation Status: Secure

For more information go to BirdLife Australia

_________________________________________________________________________



THE AUTHOR

My Curious Camera is professional portrait photographer, Nina Beilby. That's me. 😃 📷📷

Follow me as I travel through life with my camera by my side, I share snippets and snaps of my daily adventures.

With my camera at my side, I've been able to record moments of jubilation and happiness. When I have had some of my darkest moments, my adventures with my camera have given me purpose and joy. I hope they give you some too.

Nina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A munching Wallaby and Jacky Lizard

Albania - How On Earth Did I End Up Here?

Must Do Sydney Walk - Top Sydney Walk For Harbour Views