Kestral Looking for Lunch

 

As we approached the top of the hill from Fisherman's Beach we spotted this Kestral looking for lunch. Actually, Bob spotted it. 

Bob wanted to test run my Canon R5 and I wanted to see the migratory birds he was talking about so we made a deal and his brother Steve, Bob and I went out to Long Reef Aquatic Reserve.

I didn't realise that it was a reserve. It encompasses 80 hectares from Collaroy to Long Reef. There were loads of migratory birds there. The lighting wasn't great. Very sunny and contrasty but I may post some more from that day so stay tuned.

Well, that's it for now. I'm off on a walk before it gets too hot. I'm already melting just sitting here typing this.


Stay well. 

Nina


_________________________________________________________________________

Official Name: Nankeen Kestral - Falco cenchroides, Falconidae

Location: Widespread Australia

Habitat: Lightly wooded, open agricultural and clearly the beach

Conservation Status: Secure

For more information go to BirdLife Australia

_________________________________________________________________________



THE AUTHOR

My Curious Camera is professional portrait photographer, Nina Beilby. That's me. 😃 📷📷

Follow me as I travel through life with my camera by my side, I share snippets and snaps of my daily adventures.

With my camera at my side, I've been able to record moments of jubilation and happiness. When I have had some of my darkest moments, my adventures with my camera have given me purpose and joy. I hope they give you some too.

Nina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A munching Wallaby and Jacky Lizard

Must Do Sydney Walk - Top Sydney Walk For Harbour Views

My First Female Satin Bowerbird