London's Richmond Park - Nature and wildlife just 30 minutes from the city

 

Deer staring at me in Richmond Park, London

Staying in a house lined street devoid of trees, I found myself longing for the sound of leaves crunching under my feet, the crispiness of the wintery air on my face, and a chance meeting with one of nature's friends.

I found all of these at Richmond Park. 

Two people sitting on a bench amongst the grassy field at Richmond Park, London

At first, the path wound through an ancient forest and without their leaves was reminiscent of a Disney film where you expect the wicked Queen to materialise and cast her spell of doom upon you at any moment. The forest ends and a grassy plain is revealed. Deer laze and roll about enjoying the mid morning warmth.

Greeted by the squeaking Rose ringed Parakeets, I felt a little at home.

Rose ringed Parakeet sitting on the branch of a cherry tree in Richmond Park, London

Rose ringed Parakeet sitting on the branch of a cherry tree, eating in Richmond Park, London

At Isabella's Plantation, I found a bench amongst the heather and budding azaeleas to enjoy a snack when I sensed a pair of eyes on me. I glanced over my shoulder to find a curious faced Robin looking at me but being careful not to be easily discovered.

A Robin praking through the branches Isabellas Plantation, Richmond Park, London

Contrarily, the Magpie was not at all bothered about disguising himself, came and sat on the bench to spy my carrots and hommus.



There were plenty people out enjoying this rain free day including cyclists, horse riders, walkers and even a curious man with a Macaw on his shoulder.









It was a lovely day and I feel grateful to have got my walk in and my nature/wildlife fix sorted.

History: Created by Charles I in the 17th Century as a Deer park, it is the largest of London's Royal parks at 2,500 acres. Find more history on the official website.


Stay well and have a great week.

Nina 😀



THE AUTHOR

My Curious Camera is professional portrait photographer, Nina Beilby. That's me. 😃 📷📷

Follow me as I travel through life with my camera by my side, I share snippets and snaps of my daily adventures.

With my camera at my side, I've been able to record moments of jubilation and happiness. When I have had some of my darkest moments, my adventures with my camera have given me purpose and joy. I hope they give you some too.

Nina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A munching Wallaby and Jacky Lizard

Must Do Sydney Walk - Top Sydney Walk For Harbour Views

Albania - How On Earth Did I End Up Here?