Top things to Do in the UK - Durdle Door and The Jurassic Coast

Durdle Door with pebbles in the foreground on Jurassic Coast

Todays adventure led me to the World Heritage listed Jurassic Coast overlooking the English Channel. The pebble strewn beach by Durdle Door, (arch of limestone), was the setting for our afternoon picnic of traditional pork pie and fruit chutney. We then climbed our way back up the hill and along the coast to the cliffs at Lulworth.

Durdle Door Coastline view from above

Spring flowers in the foreground looking out over the English Channell with sunrays through the clouds

You could spend days walking this coastline but for today, we opted for a short but challenging walk, firstly down to Durdle Door beach then back up and along the cliffs to Lulworth Cove.

From the carpark head down the path and around to the right toward Durdle Door beach. After you have enjoyed the scenery here for a while, head back up the hill then turn right before the carpark toward Lulworth.

Way Marker

Interesting that the waymarker looks like a headstone. I hadn't come across this before. I'm not sure if this means proceed at your own risk but I recommend doing so. They way back is a bit of a challenge.

view of Lulworth village from above

There are spectacular views toward the village and out over the English Channel.

View of the gorgeous Lulworth Cove

Spring is a lovely time to do this walk as the wildflowers are blooming and it isn't too hot. There is a visitors centre here as well as toilets.

Lulworth Village

Lovely spot for a holiday. There are 3 bedroom cottages for around £200 per night.

Getting There
The best way to get here is by car. I was staying in Bath so it was around a 1 hr 45 minute drive from there. It would be about a 3 hour drive from London. More information about getting here on the Lulworth Estate site

Carpark
£5 for four hours or £10 for all day. There are toilets just near the carpark.

It's not an English walk unless you end up at a pub so we found ourselves at the quaint Old Granary in Wareham sipping Macedo and a pint of IPA by the River Frome.

I hope you get to see this spectacular coastline soon.

Stay well and have a great week.

Nina 😀



THE AUTHOR

My Curious Camera is professional portrait photographer, Nina Beilby. That's me. 😃 📷📷

Follow me as I travel through life with my camera by my side, I share snippets and snaps of my daily adventures.

With my camera at my side, I've been able to record moments of jubilation and happiness. When I have had some of my darkest moments, my adventures with my camera have given me purpose and joy. I hope they give you some too.

Nina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A munching Wallaby and Jacky Lizard

Must Do Sydney Walk - Top Sydney Walk For Harbour Views

Albania - How On Earth Did I End Up Here?