Jerusalem - London Apollo Theatre


Jerusalem

Truly brilliant. I was struck immediately by the quality of the set and the sound but the power in this play is in the writing by Jez Butterworth and the performance, specifically by the lead actor Mark Rylance. His sheer energy is worth the ticket price let alone his ability to portray "Rooster" as pathetic but somehow likeably heroic at the same time. It's the best performance I’ve seen yet. The dialogue is witty, passionate and just seamless, there is not a moment you are left hanging to wander or drift. There is a reason there are two intervals, you need a moment to breathe. 


I did manage to get fantastic seats just a few rows from the front which, apart from the bobblehead guy in the next row, helped immerse me in the experience.


Again I got to meet some nice people, one of them visiting from Sydney can you believe it so it was a lovely day out. I’m not sure where to go from here, maybe a musical. 🤔


Stay well and have a great week.

Nina 😊


THE AUTHOR

My Curious Camera is professional portrait photographer, Nina Beilby. That's me. 😃 📷📷

Follow me as I travel through life with my camera by my side, I share snippets and snaps of my daily adventures.

With my camera at my side, I've been able to record moments of jubilation and happiness. When I have had some of my darkest moments, my adventures with my camera have given me purpose and joy. I hope they give you some too.

Nina



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A munching Wallaby and Jacky Lizard

Must Do Sydney Walk - Top Sydney Walk For Harbour Views

Albania - How On Earth Did I End Up Here?